On this episode of Success Inspired, we talked about why community trauma, such as COVID-19, really have profound impacts on how we live our lives, what we can do about it and how to realise our true potential so we can be more successful in both personal and work life.
Kerry Howard is a best-selling author and psychologist specialising in trauma prevention and treatment. She has won two international awards for her commitment to treating PTSD and improving mental health in Australia.
She is passionately curious about the convergence of emerging technologies and human experience. Kerry works with large organisations to reduce trauma in the workplace. She is passionate about reducing psychological injuries at work, helping organisations to manage change sensitively and reducing worker's compensation claims for bullying and harassment.
Her new book 'The Trouble With Trauma' provides insights into how our traumatic experiences affect our psychological world, but also our physical bodies.
Click Here For Kerry's New Book 'The Trouble with Trauma'
- [00:00:16] Introduction of Kerry Howard
- [00:03:18] Impacts of trauma you may not be aware of
- [00:04:13] What are vibration of emotion
- [00:09:04] How can you manage your own emotions
- [00:11:57] Impact of covid on the workplace environment in Australia
- [00:26:37] We're talking about limiting beliefs
- [00:30:53] How can you go about managing your emotional triggers?
- [00:33:31] Importance of collaboration & helping lift other people up
- [00:37:30] How to determine what healthy success means
- [00:40:47] We talk about Ego and when you should check it
- [00:42:38] See saw between your inner child and your inner protector
- [00:44:52] Your true leader is your inner child
- [00:48:03] Panic attacks are just an extreme version of anxiety. Kerry talks about her 'Cairo airport' story
- [00:49:40] Tip for parents and what the biggest challenge in modern parenting is
- [00:53:25] We talk about how our brain responds to virtual reality, meta verse and concerns for future.
- [00:59:35] What compelled Kerry to become a Psychologist
- [01:10:48] Top 3 Take Away Points
Subscribe So You Don't Miss Out:
- Subscribe to SIP mailing list to get regular updates by clicking here
Listen on your favourite platform - click here
Support This Show:
- Love this Podcast? Click here to leave a review !
- Become a Patreon! Click here
- Follow on Linkedin
- Follow on Twitter
- Like on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
Looking to start a podcast? Here are my recommended tools!
Recording - Use The #1 Podcast Recording Software for Remote Interviews by clicking here
Editing - Remove ums, uhs, likes, you knows, and repeated words as well as noise, enhance speech, and sound like a pro with acoustic echo cancellation and audio quality enhancement — in one click - Link here
Hosting - Success Inspired Podcast is hosted with Captivate, the world's only growth-oriented podcast host™. You can too! Get your first 7-days on me by clicking here now.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy