Matt Alderton is an award-winning businessman, entrepreneur, #1 best-selling author, a speaker and mentor.
He was named the business person fo the year and has owned more than a dozen multi award winning 6 and 7 figure businesses across multiple industries, including retail, hospitality, technology, entertainment and education.
He is a founder of Australia’s largest cloud- based rostering and payroll provider, IWS as well as founder and CEO of Australia’s fastest growing business community, BxNetworking.
Special offer for listeners of Success Inspired Podcast
Complimentary access to BX Networking online meeting - Click here
*Make sure to mention Success Inspired Podcast as a referral
- (00:02:24) - Matt's beginning - the Video store story
- (00:06:53) - Video store business
- (00:13:25) - Business breakdown of a typical cafe / fast food shop
- (00:15:27) - Power of moving business online
- (00:19:31) - What is BX Networking and why you should know about it
- (00:24:07) - Word of mouth and getting people to know, like & trust you
- (00:25:53) - Who should your ideal referral partner be
- (00:27:16) - Why a business coach is a great referral partner for any B to B style businesses
- (00:28:08) - Benefits of having a referral partner relationship in any business
- (00:30:13) - Business networking as a sustainable business model and great ROI
- (00:33:12) - What inspired Matt the voice of all small businesses in Australia and lobby to the government
- (00:37:10) - Importance of choosing the right people to work with. Having the right accountant or a lawyer for the right stage of your business.
- (00:41:09) - Matt's history of running Subway & Cafe businesses, why it's a very good idea to have a solid business plan in place.
- (00:47:35) - Having a Vision of an outcome as a way to drive discipline, stay motivated and achieve set goals.
- (00:52:32) - Power of Re-branding - great way to re-align with business direction and increase your customer base
- (00:55:55) - What Matt wish he'd known when he started with BX Networking.
- (00:58:07) - Matt's work / life balance and how does not believe there is a real balance in life.
- (01:01:37) - How to find out more about Matt & BX Networking
- (01:02:45) - Intro for next interview - how to become a published author
Subscribe so you don't miss out:
- Subscribe on on your favourite platform by clicking here
Support this show:
- Rate on Podchaser
- Rate & Review on iTunes & Google Podcast
- Donate Auphonic Credits to assist with my production costs
Like & Follow The show :
Looking to start a podcast?
Here are some of my tried & tested recommendations.
Hosting - I host this podcast with Captivate, the world's only growth-oriented podcast host™ - you can too, and get your first 7-days on me by clicking here now.
Marketing your show - this is what I use to generate amazing audiograms for each episode - free to sign up by clicking here
Accountant, Advertising, Analogy, Apple Inc., Apple TV, Assumption, Attention, Australia, Bank, Behavior modification, Bit, Blockbuster LLC, Braddon, Australian Capital Territory, Brain, Brand, Breakfast, Brick and mortar, Broker, Business, Business economics, Business model, Business networking, Canberra, Churn rate, Coffee, Coffeehouse, Cognition, Cognitive science, Communication, Community, Corona, Cost, Cost of goods sold, Culture, Customer, Digital marketing, Discipline, Distribution (marketing), Door, Dopamine, DVD, Economy, Education, Email, Emotion, Employment, Energy, Entertainment, Entrepreneurship, Epistemology, Estate agent, Ethos, Experience, Face, Facebook, Fast food, Finance, Food, Franchising, Future, Goal, Goal setting, Gungahlin, Hospitality, Human activities, Income, Industry, Innovation, Interest, Job, Karma, Law, Lawyer, Leadership, Leonardo DiCaprio, LinkedIn, Logo, Mailing list, Management, Market (economics), Marketing, Marriage, Media manipulation, Message, Microeconomics, Mind, Minimum wage, Mining, Money, Mortgage broker, Mortgage loan, Motivation, Navigation, Netflix, New Zealand, Newspaper, Newspaper, Nicole Kidman, Occupational safety and health, Organization, Pension, Perth, Philosophy, Podcast, Profit (economics), Proposition, Psychological concepts, Question, QuickBooks, Rapid transit, Real estate broker, Reason, Rebranding, Recession, Renting, Restaurant, Retail, Revenue, Revenue stream, Royalty payment, Sales, Sense of community, Service industries, Social media, Stan (company), Startup company, Strategic management, Streaming media, Subway (restaurant), Supply chain management, Sustainable business,Tax, Technology, The Walt Disney Company, Time, Tonality, Trade, Turnkey, Understanding, United States, Value proposition, VHS, Video Ezy, Video rental shop, Wage, Wisdom, Word of mouth, Workaround,
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy